At fabric living, we are committed to celebrating community by creating unique spaces in vibrant, authentic neighbourhoods. We add value to our local communities by delivering projects that inspire and connect people, with the goal of creating spaces that weave cities and communities together.
Fabric specializes in the development of condominium, purpose-built rental and mixed-use projects in urban, amenity rich communities. We have multiple exciting projects under development and are continuously seeking new opportunities in amenity-rich urban communities. If you are interested in joining a young, dynamic team committed to adding value to the communities we are part of we’d love to hear from you!
To support current project and company growth, we are seeking a Junior Development Manager (“Manager”) for our team. The successful candidate will work directly with senior management to source and analyze development opportunities in Metro Vancouver, with a focus on neighbourhoods within East Vancouver. In addition, the Manager will assist the team with day-to-day management of projects and will be involved in all aspects of the development process, from conceptual planning to project close out. Specified duties will include:
• reviewing and evaluating acquisition and partnership opportunities in across a variety of asset classes, primarily focused on condo, purpose built rental, office/commercial and industrial classes;
• analyzing and underwriting potential opportunities through the preparation of development proformas, financial models and cash flow projections;
• leading and – where necessary – supporting the team with project feasibility studies and due diligence on new projects;
• communicating with all parties including LP investors, brokers, accountants, lawyers, municipal staff, construction companies and project consultants;
• assisting with the preparation of presentations and memos regarding new and existing investment opportunities and strategies;
• establishing productive relationships with the brokerage community to support fabric’s efforts to find new opportunities, to source off-market deals as well as to gather relevant information on projects;
• collaborating with project consultants, soliciting RFP’s, and coordinating the logistics and follow-up for consultant meetings throughout the project;
• assisting the team with permit applications, municipal servicing agreements and public open house consultations;
• working with the Corporate Controller and Senior Accountants to ensure accuracy of information related to job cost account entries, specifically, coding certain project costs per internal accounting standards;
• reviewing and monitoring consultant deliverables including drawings, requests for information, change orders, budgets and schedules;
• assisting with the preparation of LOIs and Offers to Purchase, disclosure statements, insurance, new home warranty applications and other important development documentation;
• researching and maintaining a database of land sales, new and resale projects, sales forecasts, construction costs, municipal updates, development applications, development costs, municipal and government fees, and other relevant industry data;
• communicating with municipalities to determine zoning and OCP implications to properties of interest;
• thoroughly reviewing and monitoring changes to municipal policies, neighbourhood plans, new planning initiatives, etc; and
• maintaining an active network within the industry to ensure that the fabric team is able to remain thoroughly and currently informed.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a passion for real estate, an interest in design, strong financial analysis skills and an understanding of accounting processes and legal structures. In addition to these characteristics, candidates require:
• three or more years of direct experience working in a real estate investment and/or development company;
• post-secondary education in real estate, urban planning or finance;
• strong financial skills with a professional level of Microsoft Excel proficiency;
• a detailed understanding of, and a proficiency preparing, proformas and cash flow models;
• professional acumen and experience with real estate transactions, commercial agreements and legal documents;
• highly developed verbal and interpersonal/communication skills, including a proven ability to write effectively and to clearly synthesize information; and
• an entrepreneurial mindset, self-motivation, a proven ability to meet tight deadlines and confidence to take on tasks across the full range of responsibilities.
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career and meet the criteria above, please submit your resume, with cover letter to Kristina Morse via (firstname.lastname@example.org). We thank you for your interest!